You may have heard it referred to as “The Great Resignation,” “The Big Quit,” or “The Great Reshuffle,” but no matter what you call the current job situation, it all boils down to the same conclusion. Employees are voluntarily walking out of their jobs en masse, whether it’s to find better pay, improve work/life balance, or have more job satisfaction. The phenomenon is being felt across a large swath of industries, including the information technology (IT) field. This raises the question, is there a way to solve information technology turnover?
Staffing shortages are nothing new to the IT sector. Even before The Great Resignation, companies around the country were struggling to find enough technicians to serve their IT needs. The lack of available IT talent has created issues for many businesses. For example, business owners believe the shortage of IT specialists is the biggest obstacle standing in the way of 64% of new technology they’d like to adopt.
Although things may seem bleak regarding the IT talent pool, there is something you can do to get the help your business needs. The answer can be found in information technology outsourcing. For less than the price of one full-time employee, you can have an entire team of IT experts act as your IT department. Information technology outsourcing can even be used as a way to add technicians if you already have an existing IT team.
Leaving your infrastructure in the hands of people who aren’t a part of your company is a big decision. It requires you to invest in a third-party vendor and form a good, trusting relationship with them. For this reason, it’s understandable if you may be hesitant to turn to information technology outsourcing. However, staff outsourcing benefits far outweigh any potential risks.
Some of these benefits include:
- Better Security: Good cybersecurity is vital for business. There are millions of cyberthreats that are strong enough to take down an entire business. That’s why cybersecurity should be a top priority for any business. Outsourced IT support can help you implement a cybersecurity strategy geared toward finding and fixing vulnerabilities in your network.
- Compliance: Some industries are subject to strict cybersecurity regulations. A vendor that offers compliance services, like BL King, can make sure your systems stay compliant.
- Disaster Recovery: A natural disaster or cyberattack could lead to sudden data loss. With the help of information technology outsourcing, your provider can make sure you’re prepared for emergencies and help you restore your data.
- Resource Availability: Since your provider is taking care of the management of your infrastructure, you’re free to focus on other important aspects of your business.
- Cost Savings: The cost of outsourced IT is less than the cost of a full-time employee.
- Access to Experts: You have access to experts who are at the forefront of their industry. These professionals possess a wide range of knowledge and skills that allow them to handle any technical challenge.
- Technology Upgrades: The technology landscape shifts quickly, and hardware and software can become obsolete in the blink of an eye. An outsourced vendor can source cutting-edge equipment for you to replace your outdated systems.
- Reliability: Incidents like hardware malfunctions can stop your operations in their tracks. An IT provider works hard to prevent network interruptions while establishing business continuity solutions that minimize downtime.
- IT Alignment: If there are parts of your infrastructure that don’t function well with other parts, your IT could be causing bottlenecks that hinder your operations. With information technology outsourcing, your vendor can align your IT environment with your business goals so your infrastructure runs seamlessly with your workflows.
Now that you know about the benefits that come with information technology outsourcing, how do you find the best provider for your business? With all the IT providers out there on the market, it can be difficult to find the right partner. Here are a few tips you can use to make the process a little easier:
- Location: It shouldn’t be a deal breaker, but there are certain benefits to having a provider that’s located in the same area as you. That benefit is onsite support. Sometimes it helps more to be able to talk with an IT specialist face-to-face, and a local MSP can provide that service.
- Industry Experience: What technology you have and how you use it is probably different from businesses in other industries. Make sure the vendor you choose is familiar with working with clients from your sector.
- Response Time: The ability to respond quickly to requests is crucial to how fast you can get your business back up and running. The vendor you choose should be able to provide service within a reasonable amount of time.
- Scalability: You need an IT solution that can continue to provide the resources you need as your business grows. Choose a provider that’s able to scale along with your operations.
- Certifications: Certifications are proof that the company you’re working with is reputable. Additionally, individual staff certifications show the expertise of the company’s employees.
BL King is a leader in cybersecurity solutions. We have worked with clients in a variety of industries to deliver solutions that protect against even the worst cyberthreats. Our team is dedicated to securing your network so you can rest easy. Solve your cybersecurity staffing shortages by outsourcing with us.
Contact us today to learn about our comprehensive cybersecurity services.